Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Environmental Awareness Post-Assessment/Reflection

1. When I hear the word "environment" I think of the animals and people. I think of what we live in and what helps people and animals survive. Environment includes climate, weather and plants.

2. Based on Information explain problems that Humans face regarding to the Environment
Based on information using things I have read, seen, or heard my problems that humans may face with regarding to environment are skin problems, irritation and living conditions. The environment includes the weather and climate. Certain humans live in certain climates and when exposed to a different settings it can result in a problem.

3. Based on Information explain problems that Animals face regarding to the Environment
 Based on information using things I have read, seen, or heard my problems that animals may face with regarding to environment are living conditions. Animals can face a climate change which will change the conditions they live in. Animals have to learn how to adapt the climate and it can cause death and severe problems. Also the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico harmed many sea animals. They were stuck with oil on them, the oil destroyed plants and food and homes for animals.

4. Recycling
Recycling is when you use a used item or trash and make it into reusable items. Recycling is going green.

5. Is recycling important? Why?
I believe recycling is important because it can be a impact on help saving the environment. Recycling is important because, for example if we keep continuing deforestation it will affect the environment, people and animals. But if we recycle things that trees are used to make then less trees we have to cut down. Recycling is a great way to go green and keep the environment a safe place for animals, plants and people.


6. Things Individuals can Do to Keep our Environment Healthy for People and Animals:
Use the 3 R's ; recycle, reuse and reduce
Turning off electricity after use
Not wasting
Reduce using polluted technologies
Reduce irritants from technology or other objects

7.  Things Communities could to Keep our Environment Healthy for People and Animals:
Do community environmental services
Go green
Clean up the community
Help organizations
Raise money to help other locations

8. What are some things large businesses or industries could do to keep our environment healthy or people and animals?
Large businesses or industries can help by reducing the technology they use. Based on research some large businesses or industries produce pollution coming from technology they use everyday. Especially with factories and chemicals they use. They also can cause a major damage or change in animals environment. Maybe if the businesses think and experiment before actually going on with a project. They can look more into what they use and look for other alternatives to help.

9.  On a scale from 1-5, I am concerned with environmental issues is a 4. I choose 4 because I live in the environment and i understand harm to it can also be harm to myself, plants and animals. I changed my answer because after research i got to know more of the environment and the awareness and pollution.

10. I feel like I could have done better on my I-Search. My work did make me feel more college ready. It made consume my time in the correct paste, and responsibility on work.


No comments:

Post a Comment