Thursday, September 13, 2012

Looking Forward to English III Course

                                                                                        Expectations for this course

My expectations for this course is for this class to be a challenge. During the course scholars will investigate a variety of perspectives that interpret and define the themes of Personal Identity and American Dream. This course is preparation of reviewing themes and understanding them. I expect to view a variety of different informational and non-fiction texts, primary source documents, supplementary videos, films and websites. I expect to write and discuss my understanding of the different themes we cover through the course. My expectations is that the course will be a strict grading system. It will be hard if you do not try your hardest at the work , put full effort in the work not only accomplish but express through info picked up through research.


What are your concerns ?
 My concerns for the English III Honors course is that it may be difficult to have an understanding of the themes we review or an understanding of the course.I am concerned about my writing skills not being at a sophisticated. I'm concerned I will try to make my writing at a sophisticated level but I put to much information or put too much of whats suppose to be their. I'm concerned of not being able to get the work done because my ability to not understanding the research of the themes.
  
What are you looking forward to ?
In the English III Honors course I look forward to the different books we will be reading. I'm looking forward to doing more with the personal identity theme. I think the personal identity is for the scholars to learn and teach about their identity. It will give scholars the chance to identify their selves. I'm looking forward to the personal identity writing and research.

What are you unsure about ?
I am unsure about the the other themes we will be researching , besides Personal Identity and American Dream. I'm unsure about how to research those themes and not being able to discuss because lack of information or understanding.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog looks beautiful! I love how you referred to the syllabus as you answered the questions! You'll get plenty of instructions on how to proceed with every Learning Activity. Of course there are things you're unsure of because we haven't covered them yet! Remember not to put the cart before the horse!

    (4)

    P.S. Could you please send me an e-mail to my Gmail account reminding me to add your blog to my feeds? When I do that, my home computer will automatically direct me to your newest posts! I can't do it from here, and I don't want to forget :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remembered! No need to e-mail me...I've subscribed to your Blog!

    Thanks :) Have a great weekend!


    TB

    ReplyDelete